Saturday 7 November 2015

Towards an impeccable behaviour

Here is link to Tom Sherrington (headgurutecaher) blog on helping students achieve excellent learning behaviour:  http://headguruteacher.com/2015/10/24/towards-impeccable-behaviour-phase-2/ 

 I like the 4 simple rules below which will work with any set of children and in any phase or setting.

Teachers will issue C1 warnings and C2 final warnings in class.  The rules are very simple:
·         Respond promptly to the signal for attention
·         Follow instructions from teaching staff when given
·         Remain on task as directed
·         Listen when others are speaking

The visual warnings displayed clearly for students to see remind them to refocus on the task at hand. I have found these work for my class particularly with any argument about 'I did not get any warning, you just sent me out.’


No comments:

Post a Comment